King’s Pepper adds a taste of African spice to John Besh and Chris Lusk's interpretation of the classic New Orleans baked crab dish.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
2 Slices of bacon, (turkey is fine).
1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon Extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 Teaspoons Lemon juice
1 Teaspoon Chili sauce
1/4 Teaspoon King’s Pepper, or to taste
Black pepper to taste
8 Ounces Jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over
Saltines for serving
* Preheat the oven to 425°
* In skillet cook bacon over moderate heat until crisp, 5 minutes. Drain and chop fine.
* In medium bowl mix mayonnaise with olive oil, mustard, lemon juice and chili sauce
* Season mix with salt, white pepper and King’s Pepper; fold in the crab.
* Spoon mixture into 12 small ramekins arranged on rimmed baking sheet.
* Bake until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes.
* Garnish with bacon and chives; serve with saltines. Serves 12.
Adapted from Slideshow: More Crab Recipes John Besh and Chris Luck